I have been asked a lot by SKCA users what keyword research method do I use to find “Amazing” keywords to target, so I wanted to make this short video to demonstrate one of the ways I do it.
I only have 2 methods that I use when doing keyword research, a quick one that takes me around 30 minutes to do and a long one that can take me up to 5 hours.
Today we will go over the quick method. Its fast and it usually gives great results (as you’ll see in the video).
I hope you enjoy the video and please leave a comment below.
Here are the steps I followed in the video to find the golden nugget:
- Go to the Google Keyword Tool and do a query for your main keyword using broad match type and selecting the “only show ideas closely related to my search term” option.
- Select 5 to 20 keywords that can better define the niche
- Then do a query inside the Google Keyword Tool for your main keyword and each one of the keywords you selected one by one, but this time use exact match type.
- For each query select the keywords that have more than 500 exact match type searches a month and download them into a csv file
- Now just combine the 5 to 20 csv files into one and run it through Stealth Keyword Competition Analyzer.
- Export the results to excel and apply filters.
- Filter the list first by keyword rating and then by monthly searches.
- Pick your golden nuggets
Remember to always do a deeper analysis on the keywords you have selected by running them through the steps outlined in the CUTTING EDGE KEYWORD RESEARCH report.
There are a lot of keyword research methods out there; this is just one that I personally use because it always gives me great results.
Please leave a comment or share the keyword research method you use.